The Introduction to Digital Photography
course is for people who are new to digital photography or want to expand their knowledge of the subject. This is a practical, hands-on experience so be sure to bring your camera and its instruction manual. It does not matter what type of camera you own – DSLR, Bridge, or Compact Camera. If you ordinarily use your camera in automatic mode, or if you ever wondered what all the buttons and menus on your camera are for, or if you are confused by terms such as focus, depth of field, white balance or composition; then this is your opportunity to get a working understanding of these terms.
Participants will receive tips on how to expand their photography and a set of notes to take home. The notes include the topics covered in the classroom and a set of recommended camera settings for portrait, sport and travel photography. The aim is to ensure you capture the best images possible with your camera. The course is in three modules:
Module 1 – Getting the Best from Your Camera
• the fundamentals of digital photography
• camera types and their controls
• composition of photographs.
Module 2 – Techniques for Creative Photographs (Composition, Exposure & Capture)
• filling the frame
• choosing your background
• the Golden Section, the Rule of Thirds, the Rule of Visual Weight
• the importance of light
• introduction to filters and special techniques.
Module 3 – Photography Walk at Lough Boora Discovery Park
This photography walk provides an opportunity to bring together the theory and techniques covered in Parts 1 & 2.
The evening classroom sessions take place in the Liss Suite, Charleville Centre, Tullamore. The fee for the course is €60 per person.
What previous participants said about the course:
• "Small group, central location, tutor easy to understand"
• "The balance between class work and the practical sessions was just right"
• "Presenter was very helpful and explained things in an easy to understand manner"
• "A very practical course"
• "I had completed a photography course prior to this but I learned more about my camera and how to use it in this course"
• "The field trip was really enjoyable, and we covered many different aspects of photography"
• "The course was very well presented and with a small group"
• "David could handle course participants queries easily without effecting the flow of the classroom or outdoor sessions"
• "Excellent Value for money"
For more information or to book a place you can contact me here.